Mittwoch, 1. Dezember 2010

Paris Hilton Does Community Service

Paris Hilton, wearing 4-inch high heels, showed up for work with the Hollywood Beautification Team here in SoCal this weekend to do some community service in order to start paying back her debt to society for the crimes she has been convicted of. Naturally, the sight of Paris Hilton engaged in any sort of manual [...]

Yesterday evening, before I made my way to the Viper Room to see American Hi-Fi LIVE in concert, I attended an opening day showing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 at the ArcLight in Hollywood, CA. Without question, I loved every single second of the film and enjoyed it so thoroughly that I cannot wait to see it again:




JK Rowling‘s Harry Potter books are always so rich with detail and lush storytelling that the film versions, as good as they are, seem like watered down tales that pale in comparison to the original source material. Because the final Harry Potter book, The Deathly Hallows, has been turned into 2 films, that watered down feeling didn’t feel as heavy-handed as it does for previous films. True, not everything in the first half of Deathly Hallows is included in Part 1 but we do get much more of the story than we usually get from the film adaptations … and we have an entirely new film to look forward to as well. This final installment of the Harry Potter film franchise is very dark and very scary … even for adults. No lie, I jumped out of my seat a couple of times with actual fright. There’s a lot of sexiness going on as well … Daniel Radcliffe strips down to his underwear in parts of the film and the semi-naked kissing (fantasy) scene between Harry Potter and Hermoine Granger made me feel really … uncomfortable. Still, those elements are required of the story so they didn’t feel gratuitous … in fact, they added muchly to the tone of the film. I was very impressed with the animated scenes that were used for the retelling of The Tale of the Three Brothers within the film. All in all, the film impressed me greatly … I loved it entirely. I really, REALLY did not want the movie to end … and when it does, I gave an audible sigh of sadness. I fear I’ll be bawling my eyes out when Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 is released next Summer. I damn near bawled my eyes out this time!


I’m not sure how this film will play for folks who are unfamiliar with the Harry Potter books and/or movies but the other 98.7% of the planet should enjoy this film very much.



Frank Wright
Rembrandt Van Rijn
John Adams
Morris Louis
Edward Jenner

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen